Thursday, December 15, 2005

Kong Can Wait
As much as I'm dying to see King Kong, we are going to wait until December 25th to see it. Our family tradition is to see a movie every Christmas day, and then go eat Chinese food. King Kong will be nice and long and full of crashes and explosions and people running around getting eaten, so it will be perfect for Christmas. So, just in case anyone is waiting with bated breath for my review, breath in. (This is a moot point, because no one is reading this blog anyway. I'm so lonely.)

In the meantime, start prepping those eggrolls. I'll have some other movie review for you tomorrow. I personally am all a-flutter for gay cowboys, oh man! Two hot dudes getting in on in the bushes, I am so there. More later.

4 Comments:

At 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss having Chinese food on Xmas. Are you Jewish or do you just not like to cook?
-David

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger Mistress Squidia said...

I have kids who are veggie and non-veggie, and who have different ideas of what they'll actually eat, so that make three dinners a night, so...I am pretty burned out on cooking. That, plus no relatives nearby, the kids are teenagers now...well, I assemble and heat, but I don't cook much any more. We save up our change and cash it in for "christmas dinner for nothing" every year. I think we have about $70 in there now.

Hey, I'm happy to see someone is reading this :) Yeah.

Squidia

 
At 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's time for the kids to make their own dinners. My brother and I learned to cook steak-ums and hot dogs when our mother started working evenings. It was crappy food, but at least we were self-sufficient. I've learned to cook a few other things in the intervening decades.

My father never followed any of the Jewish customs or traditions, EXCEPT for movie and Chinese food at Christmas. We couldn't observe a Jewish Xmas every year, because my mother came from a Christian background and like to cook a turkey and such (which was nothing to sneeze at, let me tell you). But I cherish the Xmases where we would have a Chinese restaurant largely to ourselves and were eating some fantastic dumplings, lemon chicken, moo goo gai pan, etc. Those were some of the best Xmases ever!
-David

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger Mistress Squidia said...

The kids do cook for themselves most of the time, especially Cedar. A couple of times a week I make something big and we have leftovers for a day or so. I just got burned out when they were younger.

Yeah, chinese food and a movie seems like christmas to me!
Squidia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home